Is it just me or are these weeks just flying by?? I feel like Thanksgiving was yesterday, my goodness I need things to just slow down! Anyhow, this week is a special one in the Pate household because it marks the fourth year mr.pate and I have been married!! So we are celebrating Pate-style, which means with really yummy-not-good-for-you-or-your-weight-watcher-goal food. Since I know several of you are trying to eat healthier or lose weight, I am going to start putting my breakfast and lunch options on here in order to help you think of some ideas there too. Here is what the week will look like food-wise:
- Breakfast Options: Oatmeal, waffles, or fiber one bars
- Lunch Options: Hot Turkey & Swiss sandwich, pb&j, baked potato w/sour cream, hard boiled egg & zero point soup; veggies and fruit as side items
- Monday: Honeywing chicken tenders, mashed potatoes & green beans
- Tuesday: Coca-Cola Pork Sandwiches in the CrockPot
- Wednesday: Dinner at Dustin's
- Thursday: Our Anniversary! Going out!
- Friday: Salmon, Couscous & green beans
- Saturday: Spending the day celebrating! Mr.Pate's fav- chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes and broccoli... and molten lava cake for dessert!! (We totally had this Friday night at Kristi's and it was soooo incredible!)
Honeywing Chicken Tenders
3 tenders per person
Mark's Feed Store Honeywing sauce (or any bbq or wing sauce you might like)
1. Place chicken in a smaller glass baking dish.
2. Cover with sauce & bake on 400 for 20-30 minutes.
Lazy Chicken Cordon Bleu
(from Emily Stewart, who taught us to cook at Crestwood Baptist during Impact Louisville!)
4 Chicken Breasts
4 Slices swiss cheese
4 slices ham
2 eggs- lightly beaten
1 Packet Bernaise sauce
2 tbsp honey djion mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Drudge chicken through the eggs then the bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 2o minutes.
3. Take the chicken out and place 1 slice of ham over each piece. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
4. Place 1 slice of swiss over each piece and bake until well melted, 3-5 minutes.
5. Serve with Bernaise sauce.
**Bernaise sauce: Prepare according to directions, except you should add the djion mustard.
*** There is a fancier looking way to prepare this, which mr.pate loves. Basically, pound your chicken out very thin, bread it, place the ham and swiss on top, roll the whole thing up and bake for 30 minutes. If you want more detailed instructions for this way just let me know. Its not as hard as it sounds.
Coca-Cola Pork Sandwiches (from Sharon)
1 lb pork
12 oz diet cola
1. Place all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
2. Serve on bread or buns for a pulled pork sandwich.
Looking for meal ideas? Head to the MPM post at Org Junkie!