background

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Big Reveal

A few weeks ago, mr.pate and I bought a new couch. We were completely blessed by our families & friends with enough hand me downs to fill our home when we got married. But after four years on the same couch (which had already served many years in another home), we were getting more than ready to fork over the dough to be more comfortable. Not only did we get a new couch, but we got curtains for the first time since we moved into the house (I have just never seen the point really) and a new rug! So here are some pics of before's and after's:

Before:
After:
Before (from a few different months):


After:


Our super cute, comfy and really-cheap-for-a-rug area rug (excuse the lazy dog that refused to move):
Cute new super soft throw pillows (I have a thing for cute throw pillows... maybe an obsession):


I am really pleased with the room & especially the price overall. Decorating a house can be so expensive! In light of the recent tragedy in Haiti, I just couldn't help but be somewhat annoyed with myself/guilted by the fact that we spend time thinking about what window treatment will look best in our rooms while some have no home, food, or family. But I know the Lord knows my heart, and I just prayed He would protect us from being consumed with all the material details. We found some curtains that were to die for at Target, soo soo cute! But man curtain panels are expensive! Who knew? When we found the clearance ones that were only $5 and matched the room it was just too hard to justify spending triple or quadruple the amount on something that just hangs there, you know? Anyhow, I am totally rambling at this point. The point is, the pate living room update is complete and I think we are good for the next 20 years! Ha, heres to hoping eh?

7 comments:

  1. love the new couch! looks like a great place for a movie night or a good book! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. the new stuff looks great! we are also "hand me down-ers" only have bought one piece of furniture for our house--and that was a dining room table from a consignment shop! someday i want "real" couches...it's just scary to make such a big purchase, and I feel like if we buy them we have to have them forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I know about handme downs! Pretty much everything in my apartment is! :) But with if just being me and me only being home a great length of time on the weekends it does the job! At least most of the things match!! I love the couch! :) I can't wait to come visit!

    First one had typos! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really good. Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. too bad the snow kept us away saturday. Can't wait to come and hangout!!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete