- Breakfast: Choc. Chip Whole Wheat Waffles (adapted from Money Saving Mom), Shredded wheat cereal, fruit, fiber one bars
- Lunch: sandwiches, veggies, fruit, leftovers
6 oz lean ground turkey
1 cup cooked whole wheat pasta (rigatoni)
1 cup tomato sauce
½ cup part skim ricotta cheese
½ cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400º
2. Spray a 1 ½ or 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
3. Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and heat; brown turkey meat.
4. Add pasta and sauce, mix well.
5. Transfer mixture into casserole dish, spreading evenly. Drop teaspoonfuls of ricotta cheese evenly over pasta mixture.
6. Bake until mixture is heated and ricotta cheese melts, 10-12 minutes.
7. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella, bake until cheese is melted and mixture is steaming hot, 10-12 minutes longer. Makes 4 servings.
Zero Point Soup (Weight Watchers recipe from Getting Started book)
SERVES 6 -8 , 1 cup
3 cups nonfat beef broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups chopped cabbage
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup green beans
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt & pepper
1.Spray pot with non stick cooking spray saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
2.Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano and Salt & Pepper to taste.
3.Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zuccini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
(I omit garlic, onion and zucchini and I add celery)
As always, go check out Org. Junkie for more meal plans! Have a great week guys!