background

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

it's like my ipod's stuck on replay, replay

Today I just feel that I must share something with you, dear readers: song lyrics. Below are lyrics that speak to me... as in literally they are in my head all day long. Some are serious, some are silly, and some make no sense at all, but these are the lyrics that run through my head all day long these days. And well they say it helps to get things out. Clear the head. Make room for new stuff to run through your head all day. Thats what they say.
  • So gangsta I'm so thug, you're the only one I'm dreaming of (Hey Soul Sister, Train)
  • how I lost me and you lost you (Heart of the Matter, India Arie)
  • I run... my life, or is it running me? run from my past, I run too fast or too slow it seems (I Run, Lady Antebellum)
  • walking like a one man army, fighting with the shadows in your head, living out the same old moments... (Say What You Need to Say, John Mayer)
  • that girl is a gun to my holster, and she' s running through my mind all day (Replay, Iyaz)
  • from the very first time I rest my eyes on you boy, my heart said follow through... (Waiting in Vain, Annie Lennox)
  • Beautiful Lord, awesome and mighty, I'm captured by this love I see (Beautiful Lord, LeeLand)
  • i'm in the kitchen coking things she likes, we real worldwide breakin all the rules, someday i wanna make you my wife (Replay, Iyaz)
  • what are all these voices outside love's open door, that make us throw off our contentment and beg for something more (Heart of the Matter, India Arie)
  • Before the Throne of God above, I have a strong and perfect plea (Before the Throne, ??)
  • for the life of me, i cannot remember what made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise... for the life of me i cannot believe we'd ever die for these sins, we were merely freshmen (The Freshmen, Th Verve Pipe)
  • she doesnt own a dress, her hair is always a mess, if you catch her stealing she wont confess, she's beautiful (Meet Virginia, Train)
  • hello world, this is me, life should be..hum.. fun for everyone (Hello World, Belle Perez)
  • I feel I'm moving, to the rhythm of your grace, your fragrance is intoxicating in the secret place, cause your love is extravagant (Your Love Is Extravagant, ??)
Did you begin singing in your head as you read through? I know I did! Haha! What songs do you sing all day?

6 comments:

  1. so the song you've used as the title to this post...and the lyric "i'm in the kitchen cooking things she likes" I get that in my head ALL the time, except I get it wrong: "i'm in the kitchen cooking chicken and rice" is how it goes in my head...

    the other day i also had the song "be prepared" from the lion king stuck in my head for WAYY to long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane & Shane-Before the Throne

    Casting Crowns-Your Love is Extravagant

    Random Trivia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "wake up in the mornin feeling like p diddy. grab my glasses im out the door im goin hit this city... (later on in the song) pedicure on my toes toes, tryin on all my clothes clothes..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ** i totally left this comment on justin's account first! haha! but i thought you guys might find it odd for justin to respond to each of you!

    sarah- haha! i always sing the wrong words to songs...

    erin- before the throne is one of my all time favorite songs!! and yes this is random eh? thats how i roll.

    erica- that song is actually growing on me, the part that gets stuck in my head-- "we kick them to the curb unless they look like mick jagger/ I'm talking about - errbody getting crunk, crunk
    Boys trying to touch my junk, junk" haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! I'm becoming the Queen of random. Just ask anyone I'm around. :) I love Shane & Shane period! I'm really like their new album..check it out Rain Down is one of my faves! :)

    ReplyDelete