background

Monday, November 9, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 11/8-11/15

Hola blogworld!

Well last week I decided to try out grocery shopping every two weeks instead of every week. My friend melanie does this and suggested I try it. I have just hated shopping on the weekends since I began working again! So far it has worked wonderfully, but I am just not sure if our fresh veggies and fruit are going to last through the week. Time will tell! Ha!

Anyhow, we are still going strong with the WW. I have lost 9 lbs so far, but the Holidays are approaching so we will see. On to the plan:

Breakfast: whole wheat choc. chip waffles, cereal, scrambled eggs

Lunch: pb & j, veggies & fruit, mini pizzas, zero point soup & leftovers

Dinner:
  • Monday: Chicken Fajitas
  • Tuesday: Italian Roast
  • Wednesday: Dinner at Dustin's
  • Thursday: Baked potatoes and soup
  • Friday: Eat out
  • Saturday: Thanksgiving (going to Louisville for the Pate Thanksgiving celebration!)
  • Sunday: Leftovers
Chicken Fajitas
chicken breasts
fajita seasoning mix
whole wheat tortillas
taco toppings (sour cream, cheese, lettace etc)
1. Follow directions on mix packet for chicken.
2. Heat tortillas and then make tacos!

Italian Roast
1 roast
1-2 bottles Fat Free Italian dressing
1. Place roast in crock pot and cover with dressing.
2. Cook on low for 8 hours.
* I use 1 bottle and then use water to cover the roast completely.

Money Saving Mom's Favorite Whole-Wheat Waffles (adapted slightly)

1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk (I usually use half milk, half water--unless I have a lot of excess milk to use up!)
1/2 cup oil or melted butter (I usually use half oil, half applesauce. You can use all applesauce, but we don't think they turn out quite as well that way. I've also substituted other pureed fruits and veggies and those work as well. So long as you do half oil/half puree, it doesn't make much difference.)
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

1/4 cup choc chips


1. Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl. (except choc cips)

2. Lightly beat together wet ingredients in another.

3. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.

4. Pour batter onto lightly-oiled waffle iron and bake until done. (I add the choc chips here, just a few to each waffle. This helps them not all clump in one spot, because you can spread them.)

5. To freeze, I normally just let them cool and then stick 5-6 in each freezer bag.

6. To thaw, just pull them straight out of the freezer and heat in the microwave, in a toaster oven, or in the oven.


As always, head over to Org. Junkie to get other ideas!

1 comment: