background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

He understands

Last week one of my sunday school kids got baptized. During the baptism my pastor told us a story that just sums up our salvation really. He meets with each person one on one before they set the baptism date, to discuss the meaning of baptism and make sure the person understands what they are doing. During the one on one with this student the pastor asked her a question (not sure what), and her response was:

"I know I am a sinner but I know that Jesus understands."

Praise Him that He truly does understand! "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."(Hebrews 4:15-16) Basically this passage is saying that Jesus understands the struggles we deal with on a daily basis, I mean he was a human who walked on this earth, and yet He overcame it for us.

Approach His throne with confidence today my friends, because He understands. No need to clean up or hide here... out of the mouth of babes comes the most significant theology, wow!

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Thanks for the reminder. What a precious truth for her to take into the rest of her life!

    ReplyDelete