background

Monday, June 20, 2011

Prepping it up

Yesterday I began prepping our cloth diapers. What's that mean? Cloth diapers need to be washed before you use them so they are ready to be absorbent. Different types of cloth diapers must be prepped differently. Anyhow, I wanted to get this done before baby arrives because I am sure life will be plenty busy then!

So I started with our prefolds. (click on cloth diapers under the subject menu to see my posts about the different types of diapers) I got 12 prefolds and a few diaper covers to have on hand when baby needs to use diaper cream, I am running low on pockets or whatever. They are cheap. Prefolds are the old school diaper that people used to use with rubber pants! : )

So this is how they looked when they arrived:





Very stiff and flat. Which apparantly means they are not absorbent. Prefolds require lots of washing and drying to get them to fluff up and be absorbent. They also cone with natural oils that you need to wash out. So in they went




With some Rockin Green (thanks Emily!). I washed and dryed mine 4 times total, and here is the finished product:








So as you can see, they fluffed and quilted up a whole bunch! Check another thing off the to do list! Woo hoo!

- Mrs.Pate via my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment