background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

36 Weeks and Counting...



  • How far along: 36 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 31 lbs (started 107, currently 138) 
  • Sleep: I wake up several times a night either to pee or to roll over, but I am pretty used to it at this point. Once I get up and going I am fine. I have also started to fall asleep if I sit for a minute or so! Ha! Yesterday I was cleaning and twice I sat for a minute and the next thing I know its 30 minutes later. 
  • Best Moment of the Week:  Just laying in bed and letting Mr. Pate feel Griffin move all around. Precious. 
  • Movement: Yep. He is a pushy little guy. I almost always have some body part pushing out of my stomach.     
  • Food Cravings: N/A  
  • Food Aversions: N/A
  • Symptoms: Swelling when outside, tiring very easily, huffing and puffing, having to pee constantly, cannot roll over and have a harder time getting up from a sitting position, sore tailbone. 
  • What I miss: Being able to do things without it wearing me out! 
  • What I'm looking forward to: Griffin! We are getting soooo close. I just cant believe it.  
  • Other news: We met Dr. Stice this week and that went well. He was ok with our birth plan so I feel good knowing that if Dr. Gass is gone, he will listen to us. My belly button is starting to poke out a little now, so thats funny. My mom came up this week and got me some pj type clothes for the hospital, which was very nice! And I am working on the lovely thank you cards... oh so many! 
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate


Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com : Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment