background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

37 Weeks and Counting...



  • How far along: 37 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 33 lbs (started 107, currently 140) 
  • Sleep: With Mr. Pate being gone this week, it was not a good week for sleep. Friday we slept for 15ish hours! Ha! I still wake up a lot, but I can usually get back to sleep quick. 
  • Best Moment of the Week:  Mr. Pate coming home! Laying on the bed and watching Griffin make my belly move in crazy ways. 
  • Movement: Yes still lots of it. He constantly pushes out and has hiccups often. When I lay down my belly has waves going on and he likes to move his head too- which is a weird weird feeling.     
  • Food Cravings: N/A  
  • Food Aversions: N/A
  • Symptoms: Swelling when outside, tiring very easily, huffing and puffing, having to pee constantly, cannot roll over and have a harder time getting up from a sitting position, sore tailbone.  
  • What I miss: Energy and getting things done! 
  • What I'm looking forward to: Getting the house put back together, a breast feeding class this week, and the big arrival!   
  • Other news: Well there is still quite a lot to get done in our house, so thats our focus this week. I am officially "full term" so baby should be fine to come anytime. I cannot believe we are 3 weeks away from my due date. This journey has flown by, but at the same time it feels like finding out in October was forever ago! I am still working on all the thank you cards, and hopefully I will get those done this week! I need to review all my Bradley notes on labor since we are getting so close. And we are going to rig up a clothes line this week and then I will prep the diapers! Yay! 
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate


Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com : Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.



No comments:

Post a Comment