background

Sunday, June 26, 2011

39 Weeks and Counting...



  • How far along: 39 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 34 lbs (started 107, currently 141) 
  • Sleep: Doing ok. I am really tired and can fall sleep in a moments notice! But I still wake up numerous times a night...  
  • Best Moment of the Week:  Probably Monday night. It was just great quality time with my Pate boys. We put up the clothes line and hung our diapers for the first time, Whitney brought us a yummy dinner, and we went to Wal-mart to pick out paint for Dustin's new classroom. It was laid back and fun.  
  • Movement: Yes yes, little Griffin is still moving often. He moves all day, but typically when I lay down he kinda goes nuts! Ha!     
  • Food Cravings: Not much this week. I had a weird and unhealthy eating week. Ick.    
  • Food Aversions: N/A
  • Symptoms: Huffing and puffing, cannot bend over, waddling majorly, sore tailbone, tired tired tired, pee all the time... 
  • What I miss: Being able to bend over! Ha!
  • What I'm looking forward to: D-Day (as in delivery day!)! There are no more events and we are all setup, so now it is just a waiting game till Griffin decides it is time to make his debut! 
  • Other news: 
    • We got the clothesline put up and the diapers are now prepped and ready to go!
    • We had a Starbucks Shower at Yuki (a sushi place in town) and it was so fun! Thanks guys!
    • It is VBS time at church. We have VBS Monday-Thursday of this week, so we have been gearing up and decorating for that. This year I am not teaching or leading anything and it has been kinda strange. But I am looking forward to it!
    • Last week I had a movie night with Gary and Becky and it was wonderful! We watched Harry Potter: The Deathly Hollows Part 1, and man does that thing end abruptly! Glad I didn't see it last year and have to wait a whole year to see the rest! It was a really good time chilling and catching up with them. Now that we have everything ready I feel like I can just use this waiting time to spend quality time with friends and family, and thats a blessing!
    • I am just now starting to review my labor notes from class (just in time right?) and I am hoping to do some posts on that this week. 
    • I have some of the baby book planned and printed so now I just need to put it together. Maybe that will get done this week?? But with VBS I am not so sure.
    • I am still not sick of being pregnant. Things are definitely more difficult to do (I am slower) but not uncomfortable. It is difficult getting used to everyone looking t you like you are miserable and having to constantly answer if you are so over being pregnant. I love it. It is the neatest experience ever. I am still a week out from my due date, but people are treating me like we are 2 weeks overdue. I am trying to just smile and move on, but it is gettin on my nerves! Ha! I know they mean well though! 
    • Everyone that sees me in person thinks my belly is really big. One friend told me it looks way bigger than in the photos. It feels the same to me though!
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate


Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com : Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.


Wow, 39 Weeks! This time has just really flown by! I cant believe he will be here so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment