background

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

39 week OB Appointment

Back to the doctor again today! We are still healthy and looking good. Griffin's heartbeat was 156 today! But I had been running around before so I had him all excited.

I am 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced now. He is pretty sure baby is in the posterior position (which is the one you want, meaning the baby is facing my back). So everything looks good and ready except that baby has not dropped. His head is low, but not fully engaged. So he is still floating some. Dr. Gass thinks it will still be a little while, unless my water randomly breaks (which you can never really predict).

So that's where we are folks. Although you just never know, we are thinking he will prob go after his due date. And that is fine with us! Griffin knows when he is ready to make his debut, so we are just gonna let him do his thing.

Next week we see Dr. Stice (Dr.Gass will be on vacation) and will do our first non-stress test. This just means they will strap me up to two monitors and observe for 20 minutes. It will monitor any contractions and baby's heartbeat. Just to make sure everything still looks good. Dr. Gass was sweet today and kept saying he hoped he didn't miss the delivery! Me too, so I am hoping he either comes this weekend or waits till the 11th. But I know we have no control over it.

So now we just wait and enjoy this time. And surprisingly I really am!


- Mrs.Pate via my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment