background

Sunday, June 19, 2011

38 Weeks and Counting....



  • How far along: 38 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 35 lbs (started 107, currently 142) 
  • Sleep: Doing ok. I am really tired and can fall sleep in a moments notice! But I still wake up numerous times a night...  
  • Best Moment of the Week:  This weekend Mr.Pate and I got to spend lots of time together just enjoying each other and finishing up last minute things. It was nice to get the time together, because I know it is going to be way different very soon! 
  • Movement: Yes still lots of it. He constantly pushes out and has hiccups often. When I lay down my belly has waves going on and he likes to move his head too- which is a weird weird feeling.     
  • Food Cravings: All along I have said I didnt really have any, but I guess I have had a few things I have definitely wanted more than others all along: tacos, salmon, mac n cheese, pep hot chocolates from starbucks, ranch burgers and mandarin oranges. And last weekend I actually had a craving for a blizzard! Which I havent had in forever, so we went and got some. It wasnt as good as I was hoping, but oh well.   
  • Food Aversions: N/A
  • Symptoms: Cant breath, tire very easily, waddling, sore tailbone, pee a lot... 
  • What I miss: Being able to bend over! Ha!
  • What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our baby! And this week is a Starbucks Party for us! Yay! 
  • Other news: 
    • We definitely had a productive week around here. We got everything but the clothesline done, and if the weather would cooperate it would be done too! Though there are still little things to do, it feels so weird knowing that we are ready and the baby could come anytime. It may be today and it may be 3 weeks from now. We are hoping for later instead of sooner just so we get everything done and he has the most time to develop and grow in there. 
    • It is sooo strange and kinda sad to think about not being pregnant anymore. I have loved this experience so much. It has been a sweet time for me and Mr.Pate to bond over the preparation of a child, without dealing with the reality of it 24/7. And that is son to change. I am so excited to meet our child and start that journey, but there is a part of me that is mourning the end of such a sweet phase of our lives. It will be sad to not be able to feel Griffin pushing me anymore, because that is such a neat and special thing that only I get to feel. He is soooo easy to take care of right now : ) and that will soon change too. The reality is setting in and I am both soooo excited I cant stand it and sad about the changes. Maybe Ill blog more on that later. 
    • Anyhow, things seem to be progressing. I wasn't sure I was going to share this, and if you are a boy or dont want grosser details stop reading right now! I lost my mucus plug last week. That means that my cervix is opening up and can no longer hold it in. So its a good thing. But it could mean labor tomorrow or 3 weeks from now! ha! I am encouraged to know that my body is getting ready and I feel confident it knows what it is doing. We just need to be patient for Griffin to come on his own time. I haven't experienced any contractions that I was aware of, but I am dilated and effaced so Dr.Gass says I have obviously been having some. Interesting. 
    • I went to the Thyroid Doctor this week and everything is right on track, so thats good news! I have been surprised with how well keeping my thyroid levels stabilized during this process has been. I am attributing (my dr is too) most of it to continuing to be active and eat healthy. Woo Hoo!
    • I also went to a breastfeeding class Tuesday night with my momma! It was good and very informative. I am praying that nursing goes smoothly- please do the same! 
    • This week I am hoping to get the diapers prepped, a baby book started, and review my labor notes from class. 
    • I am still working. I plan to work until I have Griffin, so I can use all of my time off with him. And even though I love my job, I am over working everyday! I want so badly to just sit in a pool all day and sleep! Ha! 
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate


Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com : Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

1 comment:

  1. yay! i definitely know what you mean about how you will miss being pregnant. even though i was pretty miserable there at the end, i enjoyed it just for the fact that i knew he was in there safe and sound and doing what he was supposed to do.

    and kind of along that note, the WEIRDEST feeling to me was right after j was born they put him on my chest and that was awesome, but after a few minutes they took him across the room to the incubator to clean him up a little more and weigh him. even though it was literally just across the room, i felt like he was a million miles away! this tiny boy who had been inside me, so close to me that i could literally feel his every move, and just like that he was away. when the nurse stepped in my way and blocked my view i thought i was going to have a heart attack! and that's when it hit me - he was out in this dangerous, fallen world now and i had to get used to it. because even though it was hard to get used to, this was where he belonged.

    and then when i was being sewn up, jeff took him out in the hallway for a quick intro to the family before more skin-to-skin time. that was also heartbreaking for me in a way that i had not expected.

    i just wanted to give you a heads up because these feelings for me came out of no where! of course, it could have just been my emotional response to the sheer exhaustion of labor and delivery!

    oh, and week 38 was when my water broke! and i had a happy, healthy 8lb10oz boy! so be ready mrs. pate!!

    ReplyDelete