background

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

one twelfth

one twelfth of the little things that make up a year. one twelfth of the things that make me happy. one twelfth of the silly, meaningless details that make up a day, which make up a week, which make up a month, which make up a year, which make up the years of my life.

my favorite moments and things from january 2010:
  • Grilled Cheese sandwiches: Mr.Pate randomly decided to make a grilled cheese one night at the beginning of the month and love it. It made me crave one. So we had a grown up grilled cheese night with turkey and swiss grilled cheeses. #1. They were delicious. #2. It just felt homy to and classic to be making good ol grilled cheeses.
  • HGTV moments with my man: Holmes on Homes, House Hunters, My First Place, and Property Virgins. Most of the nights in January Mr.Pate and I spent some time watching an HGTV show together, which is totally my love language! Haha!
  • Say Yes to the Dress: This show is my favorite. I heart it. Alot.
  • Tags: I discovered that google reader allows you to tag blog posts so you can quickly reference back whenever you need. WHAT?? My little organization-loving heart overflowth! Now I will always know exactly where to go when I want to reread those helpful posts on parenting that I cant utilize know but hope to use one day, or those freezer cooking posts about big omac days I hope to attempt sometime soon. Pure genius people.
  • Cuddling: Thanks to our new couch being big, Mr.Pate and I can actually lay on the couch and cuddle for the first time since we were engaged! Shear joy. Be still my heart.
Did anything make your heart beat fast in January?

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a wonderful month! I am bummed b/c I missed all the new Say Yes to the Dress episodes somehow. boo. I honestly am happy January is over. It was full of sickness for me, but I did finally make it through my stack of christmas baking magazines!

    ReplyDelete