It's the start of a new year. Ok well its the second month of a new year, but regardless it is still towards the beginning of the year and you know what that means.... goals/resolutions/new habits/whatever you want to name them. Though I didn't join in all the fun of posting these at the beginning of the year, I have been thinking through what I want to aim for this year. The old saying goes, "If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time." I want to be a person with aim (as I type this I can already hear mr.pate saying I need alot of ball practice then haha). So while they may not be the most measurable, well put together goals, here are the things I want to strive to focus on this year.
1. Personal Goals:
- Memorize the book of Philippians. Yep, the whole book.
- Read 2 books a month.
- Be social at least 3 times a month.
2. Marriage Goals:
- Have a "connect" time each day- a time where we have intentional communication, a devo and prayer time.
- Be more affectionate.
- Practice the discipline of date night.
3. Financial Goals:
- Track our monthly spending to ensure we are actually living out our proposed budget.
- Give coupons another try.
- Cut our grocery budget by 10%.
- Be more diligent about contributing to our savings & retirement.
4. Physical Health:
- No longer be considered insulin resistant. I know this sounds presumptuous or like I think I have control over my health, but in the case of insulin resistance you really can control having it or not by managing a healthy weight.
- Get to my WW goal.
- Do something physically active 5-6 times a week.
5. Project Goals:
- Begin my Holiday memories scrapbook.
- Create a family heritage cookbook for my side of the family and Justin's.
- Make a price book.
So there you have it. Hold me to it people! And now for your enjoyment, some quotes I love about goals: