background

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Aim

It's the start of a new year. Ok well its the second month of a new year, but regardless it is still towards the beginning of the year and you know what that means.... goals/resolutions/new habits/whatever you want to name them. Though I didn't join in all the fun of posting these at the beginning of the year, I have been thinking through what I want to aim for this year. The old saying goes, "If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time." I want to be a person with aim (as I type this I can already hear mr.pate saying I need alot of ball practice then haha). So while they may not be the most measurable, well put together goals, here are the things I want to strive to focus on this year.

1. Personal Goals:
  • Memorize the book of Philippians. Yep, the whole book.
  • Read 2 books a month.
  • Be social at least 3 times a month.
2. Marriage Goals:
  • Have a "connect" time each day- a time where we have intentional communication, a devo and prayer time.
  • Be more affectionate.
  • Practice the discipline of date night.
3. Financial Goals:
  • Track our monthly spending to ensure we are actually living out our proposed budget.
  • Give coupons another try.
  • Cut our grocery budget by 10%.
  • Be more diligent about contributing to our savings & retirement.
4. Physical Health:
  • No longer be considered insulin resistant. I know this sounds presumptuous or like I think I have control over my health, but in the case of insulin resistance you really can control having it or not by managing a healthy weight.
  • Get to my WW goal.
  • Do something physically active 5-6 times a week.
5. Project Goals:
  • Begin my Holiday memories scrapbook.
  • Create a family heritage cookbook for my side of the family and Justin's.
  • Make a price book.

So there you have it. Hold me to it people! And now for your enjoyment, some quotes I love about goals:

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble

Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another. ~John Dewey

Establishing goals is all right if you don't let them deprive you of interesting detours. ~Doug Larson

Goals are dreams with deadlines. ~Diana Scharf Hunt

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds good! But what's a price book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A price book is basically just a "book" or an excel spreadsheet (in my case) where you record what the price of things are at specific stores... over time you will see what the rock bottom price is, where it is cheapest at etc.

    i am going to do a better post on it soon, but for now just google it and you should come up with plenty explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i need to do the price book so badly!!! this is a great list!

    ReplyDelete