Did you ever have certain hiding places as a kid? What about special places where you weren't really hiding, but transforming it into whatever your mind came up with?? They are doing all kinds of construction on our building at work, and it got me thinking about places I used to play. It seemed totally normal back then, but these places sound crazy now! Ha! I want to share some of my favorite places to play as a kid:
- In the bottom corner cabinet in my kitchen (yes I fit just fine!). Our corner cabinet had a half shelf in it, which was the perfect width to serve as a desk when I sat down there. I would pretend it was my office and I was some big time business person.
- In my armoire or wardrobe cabinet thing. I had this purple cabinet that usually held my tv in it… but I would often take the tv out and lay in it. I would pretend I was a runaway hiding out, or a homeless person in a box, or the orphan annie (I realize I am strange).
- Under my parents extra large and tall water bed.
- Me and my cousin Amy would play at the top of her uncle's walk-in closet. We would climb up onto the shelves and sit and play with our cabbage patch babies.
- The attic. Or any attic. My friend Ashley and I would do all kinds of stuff in the attic, play games or dolls or pretend.
- The woods. Behind Ashley's house there were some woods and we would make houses out of a group of trees! I even swept the dirt floor like every day!
Did you guys have any fun "play" places when you were young that sound crazy today??