I know those of you who have been walking with me during this journey are wondering how the new job is going and just what i am doing and if I like it so far.... so of course I am going to share with you! I have completed two whole days of work (ha) and still like it! Heres what the last two days have consisted of:
- learned all about the services my office offers to students, faculty/staff and the community
- learned how to check people in for these services and do the paperwork.
- did some laundry, and folded it too. (surprised? we offer massage therapy, so we have sheets and towels to wash and dry... well I have sheets and towels to wash and dry) We have commercial sized washer and dryers at Preston, and they are sweet! I am pretty sure I could do all my laundry for two weeks in one load.
- went to my first staff meeting
- had orientation with hr, which means I will get paid and have benefits! yay!
- got a parking permit... but only after going to the wrong place first(apparently they got a new building and nobody felt like telling me!) and then being told I was not in the system yet as an employee... but luckily the guy had pity on me and sold me one anyhow
- began to organize my desk a little (i love organizing so much!)
- answered a few random calls... like a twenty minute convo i had with a student about getting a massage, he was clueless
- sat around... and around and around and around! they want me to take it slow and not get overwhelmed... but that is not really the way i learn best. so i am really bored right now bc i am not doing my whole job yet. but i guess we will get there someday!
Overall, I am really enjoying the environment and the people! I get to have a longer lunch break if I workout- so that way I dont have to come in early or do it after work! Yay! So, I like it and I am adjusting just fine. Getting up and getting ready has been easier than I thought it would be,of course the fact that it looks like midnight outside is not helping matters! But I am going to have to invest in some "exercise-ish" or sporty or causal clothes... everyone in my office dresses sporty and I really dont have that type of clothes (well my workout clothes are like rough you know?).
Anyone got suggestions on where I can get some cute but cheap sportish attire in bg?? (Think yoga pants and zip up fleece jackets)