Well last week was a total bust in the cooking department. I was either way to stretched for time, too exhausted or last minute plans came up. So let's hope that doesn't kill me on the scale this week at WW (which by the way, I have lost 14 lbs total and over 10% of my body weight!), time will tell. Anyhow, this week should be better and I am even trying a new recipe.
Monday- Hoisin Glazed Salmon w/ Zucchini (I'm adding stir-fry veggies)
Tuesday- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplins (so easy and yummy people!)
Wednesday- Dinner at Dustin's
Thursday- Eating out (going to Ben & Whit's)
Friday- Steak and Mashed Potatoes (if Mr.Pate cooks, I'll be gone)
Saturday- Homemade Pizza (if Mr.Pate cooks, I'll be gone)
Hoisin Glazed Salmon w/ Zucchini (WW recipe, 6 points per serving)
1/4 cup hoisin sauce (found in the asian section)
1 tsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
4 Salmon fillets
1/2 teaspoon EVOO
3 small zucchini, thinly sliced and then cut into thin strips
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional, I am leaving out to make it cheaper)
1. Stir the hoisin sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray; preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the salmon with 1/4 tsp salt and place it on the baking sheet.
3. Broil the salmon 5 inches form the heat about 3 minutes, then brush it generously with the hoisin mixture and broil again until lightly browned, about 3 minutes longer.
4. Turn the fish and broil again for 3 minutes, brush generously with sauce again and broil for about 2 minutes longer.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini & the remaining salt; cook, stirring, until softened, 6-7 minutes.
Check out Org.Junkie for more menu ideas! What are you having this week?