It has been 2 months since I started my new job, and I thought some of you may be wondering how it is working out (ok, no one is wondering but I feel like telling you anyways). Overall I love my job! It has been such a blessing and I have been able to see God's perfect plan and timing in many ways these past two months. He has granted favor with my coworkers, the ability to learn new things quickly, and a huge improvement in my health. I thought I would address a few specific things or you, so you can get a better picture of it overall.
What I spend my time doing:
- Answering questions about massages, basic fitness assessments, workouts and our Well U program.
- Checking people in for a Body Fat Composition test.
- Having to type or write names as people spell them out loud... which is not a strength.
- Washing, drying and folding sheets.
- Counting money, filling out deposit forms.
- Typing Staff Meeting minutes.
- Reconciling receipts online.
- Filing things.
- Typing labels for files.
- Organizing things.
- Sorting mail.
- Scheduling services in Meetingmaker.
- Answering the phone.
- Giving out "Fitness Incentive Card" prizes.
- Making copies.
- Ordering office supplies.
The Best parts of the Job:
- The coworkers.
- Being in a gym. I am continuously reminded to work at health.
- Being around students, it makes you feel young.
- The paycheck.
- Not having to work nights and weekends.
- Getting to organize things!
The worst parts of the Job:
- Taking care of the massage sheets!
- Taking notes at the staff meetings.
- Typing said notes after the meetings.
- It is dark when I leave!
It is a great place to work, and I am so thankful that God knows our needs better than we do!