background

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Week: Day 5... Decorations!

I love Christmas decorations. Any and all! Today I want to tell you about one decoration in particular that I really love, my "Bride's Tree".
Becky put this tree together for me my first Christmas as a married lady. I love it. Each ornament represents something specific. The tradition of a bride's tree comes from Germany. Here is the only explanation I could find online:
According to the old German tradition, the  tree of a newlywed couple should include  these twelve ornaments to insure blessing  and happiness for their life  together........
An Angel - God's Guidance in the Home  A Rose - Beauty and Affection A Rabbit - Hope and Faith A Teapot - Hospitality A Pine Cone - Motherhood and Fruitfulness A Santa - Unselfishness and Goodwill A House - Shelter and Protection A Fruit Basket - Generosity A Bird - Happiness and Joy A Flower Basket - Good Wishes A Heart - True Love A Fish - Christ's Blessing 

My tree is red with blown-glass ornaments. It came with a little book of explanations- but I didnt really feel like typing it all! ha. I have never memorized what all of the ornaments represent, but the tree reminds me of my engagement and that first Christmas as a married couple. Sweet times indeed. Time flies people!

But now it is your turn, what decorations do you love and why? If you have a blog, write up a post and copy the link below. If you don't have a blog then share your answer in the comment section. What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment