27: Christmas Songs I love
- Tennessee Christmas by Amy Grant: Duh! I am a TN girl and grew up loving this song. It just takes me back to all of my childhood Christmas's.
- All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey: Who doesn't love this song?
- Mary Did You Know: I love the way this song talks about Christ... "the blind will see the deaf will hear the dead will live again". Praise Him!
- Breath of Heaven
- The Chipmunk Song: Cracks me up! I sing it all year in my best impersonation, which Mr.Pate says is horrid.
- Winter Wonderland: So dreamy.
- Rockin around the Christmas Tree: I want to be at a party with this blaring just like in Home Alone, only with real people.
- It's Beginning to Look alot like Christmas: It will just put you in the mood.
- Labour of Love on the Behold the Lamb of God cd: This is my new favorite this year. What a neat perspective on that night. I love this way it starts: "it was not a silent night, there was blood on the ground"
- The Christmas Song: "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"... I have never seen chestnuts roasting on an open fire, but this song just makes you feel all warm and cozy.
- Have yourself a Merry Christmas: My fav version is the one on the red WOW cd. Upbeat and makes you want to dance.
- Gather Round,Ye Children, Come: Can you tell I have gotten into the Behold the Lamb of God cd? Love this song, just makes me praise the Lord for the crazy love of the Gospel.
- Santa Baby: Fun and flirty. When I was young I loved going to my sister's chorus shows and hearing this!
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Mariah Carey: Again, upbeat and fun (even though she is asking him to come home so I guess its sad?).
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by NSync: I love the NSync Christmas cd and this song is my fav off of it.
- Jingle Bell Rock: Classic.
- Christmas Shoes: Makes me cry every time.
- I need a Silent night by Amy Grant: This is also a new fav. It talks about how she needs a silent night, a holy night, instead of the craziness that Christmas can be today with shopping and events etc.
- We Three Kings: This has always been one of my fav Christmas hymns.
- Let it Snow!: Being someone who rarely sees a good snow, it is a romantic idea, this song.
- O Holy Night: Beautiful.
- Little Drummer Boy: Its different sounding and I love that.
- It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year: Yes it is!
- Baby, It's Cold Outside
- Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC: Oh yeah, ghetto style!
- Do You Hear What I Hear
- Passover Us by Andrew Peterson: What a great look at how the Old Testament proclaimed the coming of Christ.
Now if you you don't have any Christmas music to listen to this season, here is a link to help you out:
My Christmas playlist at playlist.org:
So what is your favorite Christmas Song??