1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Almost all wrapping paper. I love love love to wrap presents and make them gorgeous! But this year I actually let Mr.Pate help (he is a messy wrapper) so we could be done and not stress.
2. Real tree or artificial?Fake all the way. When I was in high school we tried the real tree a few times but I was just not impressed. It made a mess and the limbs were not strong enough to hold up the ornaments. Plus it is just cheaper.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving! 4. Do you like eggnog? No no no. gross.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably the year I got my barbie power wheels or the year I got the american girl trunk and stuff.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Kinda. This year we bought this:
which has the 3 main players, so I guess it counts? 7. Hardest person to buy for? Misty, my sister. 2nd hardest is my Father-in-law
8. Easiest person to buy for? My nieces. 9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. I am just bad at "cards" in general. 10. Favorite Christmas movie? I don't have one fav. But here are some top ones: Elf, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Prancer, All I want for Christmas, The Polar Express. 11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday. I wish I could start earlier, but all of our families dont figure out what they might like till then. 12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My dad's crispy bacon on Christmas morning! I cant wait! 13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? Clear
14. Favorite Christmas song? I don't think I can pick one. See this post for my top 27 though! Ha!
15. Travel or stay home at Christmas? Travel travel travel. We go to Louisville before Christmas and then head to TN on Christmas morning.
16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Rudolph... I seriously got all of those without googling! But I apparently left out Vixen, sorry dude.
17. Angel on tree top or star? Star, which is more natural looking and reminds us of the stable.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do presents with Justin's extended family on his dad's side around lunch on Christmas Eve, then with his mom around dinner Christmas eve, then with his dad that night! Then on Christmas morning with my family and mid-day with my dad's side of the fam. Whew... its exhausting but good.
19. The most annoying thing about this time of year? It goes by way too fast, and too much time is spent shopping. There just isnt enough time for hot chocolate and a christmas movie each night!
20. What I love most about Christmas The way everyone gets sweeter and more focused on family. I love getting to see our families! And this year my favorite part has been our Jesse Tree devos.
Ok now its your turn! If you have a blog copy these questions and answer them yourself, then leave the link here in the MckLinky (leave a comment asking for help if you dont know how). If you dont have a blog (Misty, Duke, Julie, whomever else) then leave the answers in the comments!