background

Sunday, March 27, 2011

26 Weeks and Counting...


  • How far along: 26 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 19 lbs (started 107, currently 126)
  • Maternity Clothes: Mixture of maternity and regular. But the belly band is starting to get uncomfortable, so it may be strictly maternity pants soon. 
  • Sleep: I wake up often, not just to go to the bathroom, but I just wake up. I am not comfortable on my side really.  
  • Best Moment of the Week(s): A friend came over with her 6 month old on Thursday and I got to see Mr.Pate being so great with him, that was prob the best. He is going to be such a good dad! 
  • Movement: Yep. They are getting stronger and more often. He especially likes to move when I get to my desk in the morning or when I lay down at night.   
  • Food Cravings: Nothing specific this week, just hungry!!! 
  • Food Aversions: Steak 
  • Symptoms: Shortness of Breath, Have to pee constantly, crazy dreams, cant bend over very well, really sore tailbone, leg cramps ...
  • What I miss: Being able to breathe when I talk and not having to eat every two hours. 
  • What I'm looking forward to: Fixing up the nursery (wont start until mid- May), baby showers, and having him here!!!!! 
  • Other news: This has been a pretty exhausting week! Justin's cousin passed away, so we had to head to Louisville and back this weekend. We finished up our registry at Babies R Us and are going to do our Target one this week! Looking at baby stuff gets me so excited for the little one!! I am so glad that I am still feeling really well and hope that continues on. 
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate

Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com : The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.


1 comment:

  1. For the uncomfortable side thing, have you tried the Boppy Pregnancy Sleep Wedge? Worked for me for quite a few months!

    ReplyDelete