background

Sunday, March 13, 2011

24 Weeks and Counting...



  • How far along: 24 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 17 lbs, made up for last week by gaining 4 lbs!! wow! ha! (started 107, currently 124)
  • Maternity Clothes: Mixture of maternity and regular. Finally got a pair of maternity jeans this week and found that they stretch out a ton as the day goes, just like everybody says. And it is hard to pull up maternity pants in public... 
  • Sleep: I guess I am not sleeping that great. I wake up a lot and never feel rested after a good nights rest, but I am not aware that I am not sleeping well while I sleep. If that makes any sense at all.   
  • Best Moment of the Week(s): Mr. Pate felt the baby move!!!!!! 
  • Movement: Yep. Still not feeling it consistently all day, but when I am very still in the morning or at night I feel little flips or kicks.  
  • Food Cravings: Nothing specific this week, just hungry!!! 
  • Food Aversions: Steak 
  • Symptoms: Shortness of Breath, Have to pee constantly, crazy dreams, very tight stomach (I can feel it stretching), lower back pain is creeping in, exhaustion, cant bend over very well...
  • What I miss: Energy!
  • What I'm looking forward to: Fixing up the nursery (wont start until mid- May), Spring!, the bedding coming in!
  • Other news: We ordered the bedding this weekend (because it was from somewhere other than where we are registering and its a gift from my sis and bro-in-law) and I cant wait for it to get here! We will start picking the nursery color once we have it. Our nursery curtains are down and sooo cute! I will post a pic soon. We have our next appointment with Dr.Gass (our OB) this week, which I am looking forward to... except the glucose test part! Ick! So Thursday morning I have to go drink the gross stuff and sit for an hour... Good thing I have lotsof reading material. I am currently reading a book on Natural Childbirth, and up next I have "The Baby Whisperer" then "The Womanly Art of Breast feeding" on my list. I went to big consignment sale with my sis this weekend and that was some sweet quality time. Buying boy clothes is all new to us! Ha! We saw a friend there who told me she prefers gowns for nighttime, bc they are easier than all the snaps on sleepers. This is the kind of wisdom I need those of you who have been thru this to share- so keep it coming! I gained 4 lbs in one week, which is the most I have gained in a week so far. But as long as I dont do that every week I am ok with it : )
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate


Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com :  Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Have I mentioned how much I am loving this journey?? Getting to experience this pregnancy has been a blessing so far, and it constantly reminds me of the creativity of God's Creation. How amazing that He made our bodies to adapt like this to grow a human!! It really baffles me but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment