Recently I re-read The Magician's Nephew and A Horse and His Boy, books 1 & 3 in the Narnia series. I love Narnia!!! I really don't have anything negative to say about any of the Narnia series, I am seriously in love with the books. But here are a few thoughts on them as a whole.
- They are so imaginative and magical, you get lost in the wonderful other world! Its a great way to relax and take your mind off things.
- I love the way these books help you see the Gospel and the Lord in a new and fresh way. Aslan is the Christ character in the series, and He is amazing.
- These books make me want to be a kid playing in the woods again. I want to go on an adventure.
- The Magicians Nephew is Book 1, but was written last. It is pretty different than the rest I think, and I like it. I have always loved Genesis, something about the beginning of things fascinates me. I think this is why I love this book so much.
- I skipped re-reading The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe because I have recently read it and seen the movie several times. Even though I love the movies, thats the bad part of them making these into movies, they become to familiar.
- I had totally forgotten how wonderful A Horse and His Boy was. This book really focuses on how God is working in our lives, whether we can see it or not. He is faithful and He is guiding things along. Also its awesome to see His love and justness in this book. Read it people!!
- These books are short and easy to read. I read A Horse and His Boy in 4 hours... and I am a slow reader.
Overall, I love Narnia and really recommend reading all of them. They are magical and well written and the characters are fabulous! I finished both of these books in one week. They are pretty addicting!
Have you read any of the Narnia series??