background

Monday, April 26, 2010

Some Narnia... my take on it!


Recently I re-read The Magician's Nephew and A Horse and His Boy, books 1 & 3 in the Narnia series. I love Narnia!!! I really don't have anything negative to say about any of the Narnia series, I am seriously in love with the books. But here are a few thoughts on them as a whole.

  • They are so imaginative and magical, you get lost in the wonderful other world! Its a great way to relax and take your mind off things. 
  • I love the way these books help you see the Gospel and the Lord in a new and fresh way. Aslan is the Christ character in the series, and He is amazing.
  • These books make me want to be a kid playing in the woods again. I want to go on an adventure.
  • The Magicians Nephew is Book 1, but was written last. It is pretty different than the rest I think, and I like it. I have always loved Genesis, something about the beginning of things fascinates me. I think this is why I love this book so much. 
  • I skipped re-reading The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe because I have recently read it and seen the movie several times. Even though I love the movies, thats the bad part of them making these into movies, they become to familiar. 
  • I had totally forgotten how wonderful A Horse and His Boy was. This book really focuses on how God is working in our lives, whether we can see it or not. He is faithful and He is guiding things along. Also its awesome to see His love and justness in this book. Read it people!!
  • These books are short and easy to read. I read A Horse and His Boy in 4 hours... and I am a slow reader. 
Overall, I love Narnia and really recommend reading all of them. They are magical and well written and the characters are fabulous! I finished both of these books in one week. They are pretty addicting!

Have you read any of the Narnia series?? 


3 comments:

  1. i read these over and over during my childhood and loved them so much, but haven't read them since. you make me want to pick them up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, i love me some narnia! are you going to finish rereading the series? i reread them all in college and LOVED them! my favorites are the voyage of the dawn treader and the last battle. there were scenes in these books that made tears stream down my face! this series is definitely on our list to read aloud with jacob as soon as he is old enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah- you should!

    angel- i am going to re-read all but The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian... just because they are so fresh on my mind from the movies. I actually just read the series for the first time about 2 years ago, and both of your favs were my favorites too! but now that I re-read A Horse and His Boy it may be a contender. Above all Last battle is the best!!

    ReplyDelete