So I went from barely picking up a book for like two months, to reading four books in two weeks! I guess I caught a reading bug... or I started picking up easy reads at least! Ha ha! I recently completed The Last Song by Nicolas Sparks. Some of my dear friends are coming for a visit soon, so Mel & I decided we should read Last Song and then go see the movie. I have read several Nicolas Sparks and have loved every one of them. I always get sucked in and cant put the book down... I think this is why I tend to not read fiction much.
What I liked about the book:
- Loved the dad character. He never reacted to things, he was able to control himself and see past what was immediately happening to the bigger picture. I want to be like that!
- Loved the setting! It was set on the east coast, maybe in North Carolina??
- Loved the romance obviously.
- I loved that he made Ronnie, the main character, a teenager who didn't drink, smoke, do drugs or have sex. Nice change from society's typical teenager.
What annoyed me about the book:
- His books always make you think your life isnt romantic enough. This feeling goes away in a few minutes, but I just couldnt read these books all the time or I would really put unrealistic and unfair expectations on mr.pate.
- It really made me want to be at the beach... really.
- Because someone always dies in his books it was predictable.
- The names Ronnie and Blaze (one of her friends)... I just didnt like them. Couldnt we have thought of something better?
- It ends too early... I want to know the rest of their story!!!
Have any of you read Nicholas Sparks?? What do you think?? Anyone seen the movie?