- My due date has officially come and gone... and I am not gonna lie- I struggled yesterday. I do not know if it was just the anxiousness of knowing it was the "date" or because I wasnt feeling so great, but I did not like most of yesterday. It was just mentally and emotionally hard. I lost a lot of resolve and was just moping around wishing baby would come out. Mr.Pate was like, "What in the world? Yesterday you were fine to go another 2 weeks?!" And he was right. I am feeling back to normal mostly today. I still cant sleep on my left side, but if I have to deal with that for 2 weeks or so then it wont be the worst thing in the world. I think it was also because I didnt have much to do, so it just drug by. But by the afternoon we went and did stuff and went to a friends house and that helped a ton!
- As for labor signs, my belly is still randomly hardening up. But it is very sporadic and not something worth timing at this point. And I still dont feel it on the inside either. My lower back has been on and off achy, but again not in a consistent pattern. I'll keep you posted, dont worry!
- We got Mr.Pate a new grill yesterday! Yay! We have been planning to buy him one since Spring, but he was just slow about it. Well it turns out that was a good thing bc we ended up getting the one he wanted like $150 cheaper than its regular price. Woo Hoo! Our grill was pretty shot, so I am glad we got this one. I love when we grill, and I told him that before Baby came we needed a dependable one bc I sure wasnt going to be cooking! Ha!
- We hung out with the Winkler's last night, and that was very encouraging! Yay for last minute plans!
- My family is coming up today & tomorrow to hangout and celebrate summer! We are just going to be swimming and maybe going to Beach Bend Park! Yay!!! It will be the first "Summery" activity we have done all summer.
- I have been reviewing notes and reading a book called "Active Birth" this week. I highly recommend it. I will try to get some main points and tips blogged soon.
- So we are basically rooting for Griffin to either come out today or tomorrow, or wait until next Monday the 11th, because Dr.Gass leaves on the 5th and gets back on the 11th! Pray for that!
According to Babycenter.com : It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.