background

Sunday, May 1, 2011

31 Weeks and Counting...


  • How far along: 31 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 28 lbs (started 107, currently 135), up 1 lb this week
  • Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants and regular & maternity shirts. Special thanks to my parents- I am now stocked on maternity wear I do believe! I got some capri's and shorts this last week. 
  • Sleep: This was a horrid week for sleep! I hate sleeping on the mattress pad (it makes noise and makes me hot). And I am waking up all the time to every sound, movement etc. Plus I can barely roll over! Ha! So this week wasnt so great in the sleep department, here's to hoping next week is better.    
  • Best Moment of the Week:  Probably just random moments of feeling Griffin move and Mr.Pate getting to feel it too. 
  • Movement: Yes! This boy is constantly moving. He likes to push different body parts out (I cant figure out what part it is yet) and just leave it for half a minute or so. It is crazy!! And Friday night he kept me up with all his moving!! Goodness! 
  • Food Cravings: Tacos 
  • Food Aversions: N/A
  • Symptoms: I am always out of breath, my tailbone is sore sore sore, I can barely bend over to get things (lots of squatting), peeing all the time, and I am hungry every hour and a half or so, heartburn ... 
  • What I miss: Breathing and sleeping! 
  • What I'm looking forward to: Baby Showers that are coming up! Starting on the nursery in May and getting this place organized! Ha! And meeting our little boy!!!!!  
  • Other news: We are just trucking right along. I would say I look very pregnant at this point and still have a while to go- so who knows how big i'll be?? We had an OB appointment last week and everything looks and sounds great. His heartbeat was 140 and I am measuring on schedule again. This week we interview our 2nd Pediatrician. My first showers are in 2 weeks and I cant wait! So excited!! I have begun working on my maternity leave paperwork and getting things planned at work for when I leave. We start on the nursery in about 2 weeks as well. We have our last Bradley Class this week, and it is hard to believe! He will be here before we know it! 
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate


Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com : This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.


Time is ticking away- what last minute advice do you have for me??

1 comment:

  1. I know everyone says this, and I never thought I would tell people this because it annoyed me. However, PLEASE enjoy every minute with Justin. I don't say that in a doomsday way, like, that your marriage is over or anything (which is how I always misinterpreted it). I just mean, enjoy all the sweet quiet moments because the baby just kind of takes over everything and you have to really prioritize your time so well when the baby comes. I just want a quiet dinner and real conversation! Come on ellie! That's all I ask. haha. (my baby does not take naps at dinner time haha) :) So just enjoy these last few weeks of "you and justin time", and GUARD IT! :)

    ReplyDelete