background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

34 Weeks and Counting...



  • How far along: 34 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 28 lbs (started 107, currently 135) 
  • Sleep: Not really, but I am getting used to the lack thereof 
  • Best Moment of the Week:  Starting on the nursery!  
  • Movement: I am officially at the stage where sometimes my belly is moving in those crazy waves! Ha! Mainly when I lay down he starts rolling all over and my belly looks like an alien is in it. Pretty fun!   
  • Food Cravings: N/A  
  • Food Aversions: N/A
  • Symptoms: Huffing and Puffing, its really hard to bend over, have to pee constantly, cant roll over in bed, cant sit for longer periods of time, sore tailbone, heartburn (it returned this week- but i got medicine!) ... 
  • What I miss: Being able to roll over
  • What I'm looking forward to: My church shower in a few hours, our OB appointment this Thursday, and working on the nursery!
  • Other news: Well the ticker to the left says 41 days to go- 41!!! That is crazy. My Dad and Aunt came up and got the nursery painted this week, and Mr. Pate and Dustin moved stuff out and the crib in! It actually looks like a nursery now. So exciting! Now we are working on organizing and finding stuff its home, and decorating. I had to take my wedding rings off yesterday. They were starting to get snug and I dont want to wait till its too late. So that feels weird of course. Some people who werent able to make it to my showers have been sending us gifts in the mail and that is so fun to come home too! I think thats about it so far... so much to do and so little time! 
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate


Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com : Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment