background

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Dirt road

This morning as I was driving to work, I had Jason Aldean's Dirt Road Anthem playing and I pulled up next to a college student in a jeep at a stop light. It was like I was suddenly taken back to my early high school days in a flash. Going muddin in jeeps and big jacked up trucks out in the middle of the country. It was a long time ago, but this morning it felt like yesterday.

Life is kinda funny. You have all these different experiences and memories that make up your time on this earth. And though altogether they seem to fit, if you were to pull them apart one by one it might surprise you that all of these experiences belong to you.

I am by no means a country girl. I have not had the urge or desire to go muddin in the last 10 years. And yet, that was how I spent my weekends at one season in my life. I haven't danced in forever, but at one point it was all I did. I never thought I would want kids, and now I am totally infatuated with the one growing inside of me.

Life is funny. Seasons change so quickly. But I am thankful for all of them. So this morning, as I watched this college student drive off in his topless jeep, I remembered old times and smiled. The Lord has always been good to me, and I am so thankful He continues and will always be.

- Mrs.Pate via my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I know what you mean. I drive past the Gables every morning and for some reason today, it just struck me how wonderful those times were. It was a season that will forever bring me sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete