background

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table!


I found this recipe gathering and thought this would be super fun to do each week! I love to share and get new recipes, mainly bc i get bored of dinner real quick! I hope some of you readers will join in and share the recipe wealth! This week I am sharing a newer recipe I found, and am actually trying for the first time tonight. I love Arby's French Dip Sub so I am hoping this will turn out to be a healthier and cheaper option! I got my roast for $2.67 (well my mom got it and gave it too me-ha!), the bread for $2 something and had everything else on hand.


Au Jus French Dip Sandwich

1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast, trimmed
2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bay leaf
8 French rolls, split

Place roast in a slow cooker. Add water, soy sauce, and seasonings. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender. Remove meat from broth; shred with forks and keep warm. Strain broth; skim off fat. Pour broth into small cups for dipping. Serve beef on buttered and toasted rolls.


4 comments:

  1. I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesdays at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Mister Linky is up and ready for your suggestions. Come check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining in the TATT fun!! I love seeing a new face. :-)

    That recipe sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good. I can't wait to try it:) Thanks for posting to Crock Pot Wednesday...hope to see your entry each week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sabrina,
    Thanks for following. You have such a lovely name...I won't even go there with the Bewitched jokes which you must hear all too often! I am delighted to have the opportunity of getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete