background

Monday, September 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 9/28-10/4


This week is our last week of "normal", or what we now know of normal. Next week I begin my new job (Yay!) and Mr.Pate will be working alot of nights at Starbucks (yuck! what perfect timing right?). So who knows what we will be eating! HA!


My meals for the first half of this week are all things we had on hand, and the second part of the week recipes are things I have majority of the ingredients for. I am mentioning this because this is a key way that I meal plan- "planning for what I have". This can save you money and not waste ingredients that go bad in your pantry or fridge. Try it this week- look at what you have and think about what meals you typically use that for. Hope it helps you save some molah! On to the plan:



Monday: Skillet Lasagna and Green Beans


Tuesday: Grilled Steaks, Mashed Potatoes, and Broccoli


Wednesday: Dinner at Dustin's


Thursday: Taco Bar


Friday: Game Night at church (It's Potluck). I am taking KY Crescent Roll Casserole


Saturday: Eat out


Sunday: Church Picnic! I'm taking Deviled Eggs


Skillet Lasagna

3 garlic cloves, minced (i leave this out)

1 lb ground turkey breast

salt and pepper

8 lasagna noodles, each broken into 4 pieces

1 (26 oz) jar tomato sauce

1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella

3/4 cup ricotta


  1. Warm oil in a 12” skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
  2. Add turkey, salt and pepper and cook until no pink left.
  3. Scatter lasagna noodles over turkey. Pour tomato sauce and 2 cups water on top of noodles, bring to a simmer.
  4. Then reduce heat to low, cover and cook at a low boil until noodles are tender, about 20-22 minutes stirring occasionally.
  5. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella onto the mixture and stir to combine.
  6. Remove pan from heat and spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of ricotta on top of lasagna. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella, cover and let stand for 4 to 5 minutes.
Head over to Org Junkie for more plans!

1 comment:

  1. Church picnic!!! I had forgotten (in two days...how sad us that!?!?!)

    I'm excited!! I miss all you Pate's!

    ReplyDelete