I am joining the Fall into Reading Challenge at Callapidder Days. What is it you ask? It is a low pressure reading challenge that helps keep you accountable for getting your reading goals done. Here are the basic guidelines:
- Create a list of some books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge.
- Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). However, this is not required; setting additional goals is completely optional.
- Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd.
- Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge. I’ll have an official launch post up that morning, complete with an area for you to submit a link to your personal Fall Into Reading post, where it will be added to the master list of participants.
- Read! Work on your goals throughout Fall 2009.
- Report your results. Write another blog post in December to let everyone know how you did. (I’ll post an official wrap-up to the challenge on December 21st, where you’ll be able to share your results.)
- Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your fall reading!
So I am working on my list now (which will only be a little different than my book list for 2009) and will post on tuesday. I don't know what it is but I have definitely caught the reading bug lately. Maybe it is the fact I am not working nights and weekends (or anytime for that matter- keep praying for a job!)?
All of you bloggers should totally join. And for my dear friends that only read blogs but refuse to grace the blog-world with your visual presence, start making your lists and be ready to post them in the comment section on tuesday!! Lets start reading folks!