background

Thursday, August 18, 2011

One Month!

Griffin is 1 Month Old! 
I cannot believe it! Happy One Month Buddy! Here is a picture from the day we brought him home from the hospital (so 2 weeks old):


And some from our photo session today: 






One Month Stats:
- Griffin prob weighs in at ten lbs now, he was 9 lbs 10 oz a week ago.
- He is wearing newborn clothes and some 0-3 month clothes. The 0-3 month clothes fit lengthwise but are kinda big width wise.
- We are still nursing so far!
- Griffin is usually on a 3 hr schedule. So he wakes up and eats, then has "waketime" then takes usually two short naps with a waketime in between.
- He usually has one or two 4 hr stretches at night, then the rest are 3 hr. I am not going to complain about that! Hoping for a 5 hr stretch when I go back to work though.
- He has just started smiling and kinda laughing this week. It is the cutest thing ever! When you get close to his face so he can see you, he gets so excited. Precious!
- He always falls asleep in the car.
- Usually you can put Griffin in his crib or rock'n'play and he will go to sleep. Not always, but usually.
- He hates tummy time. But he is starting to like his playmat.

I cannot believe I have a one month old son. This has been one crazy month and I am just now starting to deal with how I feel about how everything played out at the beginning. And once we got home, I was definitely overwhelmed with having a newborn at first, but I am feeling much better now. The weepiness has gone away! Hurray! I know Mr.Pate is thrilled about that. I am growing and learning as a mom and feeling much better about the role. I still have lots of moments where I have no idea why he is crying or how to console him, and I hate those moments. But I guess I just need to get used to it. I think the hardest part for me has been giving up control. I am such a planner and control freak, so God is really using this to show me how not-in-control I am. Learning lessons is no fun.

I love my son and I am so glad to be on this journey! It is a hard one and sometimes I do wonder why we ever got ourselves into this, but he is such a blessing and i wouldnt trade him for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment