background

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Babies don't keep...

Today some of my best friends came to visit and meet Griffin. I love fellowship with these ladies. It ministers straight to my soul. I needed today. These ladies are all moms or soon to be moms. It was really good to hear that my child is not the only one who spits up a lot, or takes a long time to nurse, or whatever etc. As a mom, I question everything and wonder if it's normal or if I am royally screwing up at this. It was comforting to feel like I am doing ok.

One of my friends has two girls (cuties), and as she left she told me something that I really needed to hear. She told me I was doing a good job, and that it gets easier. She said that after six weeks it gets much easier, until 3 months and then at six months it gets really really fun.

And you know what? I feel like each week it really is much easier. Each week I feel more confident, less emotionally unstable, and like I am enjoying him more and worrying less. If he is crying and I just can't console him, I won't traumatize him. If I give in and hold him thru his nap, I won't ruin him. He and I will both make it thru this new and uncertain beginning. In fact, we have made it thru a month and we are doing awesome!

And with that, I have to go. I am letting my son nap on me and it's almost feeding time again. Such sweet times, and I am trying to focus more on enjoying and savoring them instead of mastering how to schedule them etc.

Because I hear that babies don't keep...




- Mrs.Pate via my iPhone

2 comments: