background

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meal Plan... Tuesday!


So I'm a day late, whatever! I am trying hard to get back in the routine of this, but I am not doing the best job ever. I finally bit the bullet and signed up for e-mealz, a service I had read about on a blog and heard Dave Ramsey endorse. But then this weekend my friend Cort told me that she does it and the meals are pretty good, so I finally took the leap. E-mealz cost $5 a month and gives you a meal plan for the week with a grocery list. Pretty nifty, especially if you are a person who is not good at meal planning. Since I already meal plan, I think it will be helpful for new recipe ideas mostly. I got the plan that has 7 meals a week! That way i have plenty of variety to choose from. Ill let you know how it goes. On to this weeks plan:
  • Tuesday: Salmon, Couscous and green beans
  • Wednesday: Dinner at Dustin's
  • Thursday: Ham n Swiss Rolls & Baked Potatoes (or maybe Baked Potato Soup?)
  • Friday: Cheez-It Chicken & Yummy Long Grain Rice
  • Saturday: Either out or Homemade Pizza
Recipes:
Savory Salmon-
4 Salmon fillets thawed
Garlic Powder
Marinade (1/3 cup soy, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup evoo)
1. Mix the marinade and place in a freezer bag. 
2. Season Salmon with the garlic powder and place in the bag of marinade. 
3. Marinade for 1-2 hours, turning once.
4. Broil salmon (I do this on a rack laid over a foil lined baking sheet) 5-7 minutes for each inch of thickness. 

Cheez-It Chicken-
2 lbs Chicken (I use chicken tenders)
2 cup Crushed Cheez-It crackers
1 cup Fat free Sour Cream
I cant believe its not butter spray
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Coat each piece of chicken w/ sour cream then dredge through cheez-its (I put the cheez-its on a paper plate and then just lay the chicken down and flip it).
3. Lay on Baking sheet and squirt with butter spray. 
4. Bake 15-20 min.



1 comment:

  1. yummo. i want that salmon and couscous. oh AND the ham and swiss rolls and soup. the end.

    ReplyDelete