background

Sunday, February 27, 2011

22 Weeks and counting...



  • How far along: 22 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 13 lbs (started 107, currently 120- adding this to help me keep track overall) 
  • Maternity Clothes: Mixture of maternity and regular. 
  • Sleep: Pretty good. No leg cramps this week! Yay! 
  • Best Moment of the Week(s): Seeing Mr.Pate practice pushing at our Childbirth class at the Med Center and getting the fabric in for the nursery! 
  • Movement: Yep. Still not feeling it consistently all day, but when I am very still in the morning or at night I feel little flips or kicks.  
  • Food Cravings: This week it was boxed mac n cheese! Yummy. 
  • Food Aversions: None this week. 
  • Morning Sickness: Still none so I hope I am past that.  
  • Symptoms: Shortness of Breath! I cant talk very long without practically gasping for air. It was quite funny today trying to teach sunday school. Have to pee constantly. 
  • What I miss: Energy!
  • What I'm looking forward to: Fixing up the nursery, registering, and Mr.Pate being able to feel the kicks! 
  • Other news: We got the fabric in this week! Yay! And we got the wall decals too. They make me so excited to actually have a little boy here who will live in this room we are trying to design. We went to the one day childbirth class at the Medical Center yesterday. Labor is a quickly coming reality! I feel like this pregnancy is flying by. I have loved begin pregnant so far. I am still feeling really well and think I am finally getting some energy. 
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate 

Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com :  At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.


No comments:

Post a Comment