background

Sunday, February 13, 2011

20 Weeks and Counting...



  • How far along: 20 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 10 lbs 
  • Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants, regular pants with the belly band thing and regular shirts mostly. This week one pair of jeans starting feeling mighty tight in the butt and hip area... maybe I dried them too long? ; )
  • Sleep: Ok
  • Best Moment of the Week(s): Strangers started noticing I was pregnant and asking me about it! Also Mr.Pate and I went to look at baby stuff in the stores for the first time and that was a sweet time. 
  • Movement: Yep, but I dont feel it that often. Not daily that I notice at least. 
  • Food Cravings: Salmon, mandarin oranges and I am just hungry all of the time!
  • Food Aversions: None this week. 
  • Morning Sickness: Still none so I hope I am past that.  
  • Symptoms: Fatigue, hungry all the time, random growing pains, short of breath all the time.  
  • What I miss: Energy!
  • What I'm looking forward to: This week is exciting! We start our Bradley classes on Monday night and we find out the gender on THURSDAY! Sooo excited! 
  • Other news: Our birth class at the Medical Center got cancelled this last Sat, so that was kind of a bummer. We have made progress on the nursery, after I complained about being overwhelmed! Ha! I think we have picked out bedding and are possibly going with a tan color. Not traditional, I know, but it works for us. Ill keep you posted. We are hopefully going to paint it during WKU's spring break in a few weeks. 
  • Names: 
    • Boy name- Griffin Alan Pate 
    • Girl name- We decided on Adalay/Adalei/Adelay and now we need to figure out the spelling and a middle name. 

Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com :  
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
This should be a big week for us! I go to my thyroid doctor, we start Bradley classes, we have our ultrasound and see our OB, and my girlfriends are coming in town Saturday! Whew! I am soooo excited! 



No comments:

Post a Comment