background

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cloth Diapers: What the journey looks like at 3 months


We are still going strong on our beloved cloth diapers and loving it. Seriously people- they are so easy and you save so much money! I sooooo recommend them to everyone. Check into it, you wont be disappointed.

Anyhow, I wanted to do an update to let you see what the one size diapers are looking like on our growing boy and give my opinions right now. If you want to catch up on all of my cloth diaper posts click here. These are the diapers we currently use & a summary of what I think right now:

  • BumGenius 4.0
    • We still love these. They are solid and made well. They still fit trim and are easy to snap. 
  • Kawaii (Original CrossOvers, Ultrasoft CrossOvers, Round Tabs, Minkys, Bamboo Minky, Pure and Natural and Fun print)
    • Obviously I have several kinds of these! The original crossovers (and minkys, bamboo minkys and fun print) were very bulky in the beginning, but are fitting him better now. They are still our bulkiest diaper. These diapers are also very solid. When we first bought them I worried because they were so cheap, but they are as well made as my BumGenius. The crossover snaps are kinda annoying right now, bc Griffin is inbetween sizes. So I do not send these to daycare bc it is hard to show them how to fit them right now. Kinda funny because I loved that they had the crossover snaps in the beginning bc they fit his tiny waist better than the others, but now they fit him the worst. Ha! However, once he outgrows this phase I am sure I will love them again. 
    • Not a fan of the ultrasofts. The shell is flimsy and I just dont like it. 
    • The round tabs didnt fit him until a few weeks ago. But now that they fit him I love them! I like that the pocket is in the front, especially when its a dirty diaper. 
    • The Pure and Natural ones are trim and smaller, which is nice. But they are not great quality! The velcro (they are the only velcro I own) is already ripping apart. Ugh. 
    • Love the Minkys. They are the softest things ever. 
  • Sunbaby 4.0
    • I have just fallen in love with Sunbaby. Wish I had known about them from the start! They fit super trim (which may mean they dont fit well later on when he is bigger?) and are easy to snap. They have hip snaps, which I like (so do the kawaiis). And they have such cute prints!! 
  • GoGreenDiapers Champ
    • These are not fitting Griff right now. He is inbetween snap sizes on these so its annoying and I just put them aside for now. 
  • Alvas
    • I have two alvas and they are very different from each other. I like my techno print one, but I do not feel like it is very good quality. It already seems kinda worn. I have a minky giraffe print also and it is too big in the legs for Griff so far. 
So thats a short rundown of each of ours and how they fit right now. If I were recommending what to get to someone starting out right now, I would highly recommend Sunbaby or Kawaii. The price is great and they make such cute prints! I know BumGenius is super popular and I do really like ours, but I have to say that I dont think they are worth the $12-14 more you have to pay for them. 

And now for some comparison picture shots:

Kawaii at 3 & 1/2 Months

Kawaii at 1 Month
Side View Kawaii at 3 & 1/2 Month
Side View Kawaii at 1 Month
Alva at 3 & 1/2 Months
Alva at 1 Month
Side view Alva at 3 & 1/2 Months
Kawaii Round Tab at 3 & 1/2 Months


I will try to take some shots of the BumGenius and SunBaby diapers and update those later. Currently I am washing the diapers about 2 a week, or every 3 & 1/2 days. We got an indoor drying rack and it has been great! I try to sun any that get stains (which totally works fyi) and then they rest I can just throw on this thing. We got the cheapest one at Wal-mart. It folds down very easily too. I make a batch of cloth wipes about once a week right now. Daycare is doing fine with the cloth diapers, and hasnt complained any. So far so good! Yay! I got some new sunbaby prints recently that are sooo cute and I will post some pics of those coming soon too! And thats all I have to say about that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment