background

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Halftime Report

I am a little over halfway through the Fall Into Reading Challenge, and I thought it was time to step back and see how I was doing. The FIR challenge started on the official day of fall, September 22 , and ends on the last day of fall, December 21. I set the goal to read 9 books in that time. You can see those books and why I chose them here.


So how have I done?


I have completed 5 & 1/2 of them! The 1/2 is one that I could not get done before I had to return it for interlibrary loan, so I wont be finishing it.


Completed reads:

1. Julie & Julia

2. The Duggars: 20 and counting

3. Life Together

4. The Giver

5. Instructing a Child's Heart

6. Teach them diligently (1/2)


Read still waiting to be read:

1. Mere Christianity (just started on it)

2. The Journals of Jim Elliot

3. Babywise


I have really liked the accountability this challenge has given me. Though there is no one here keeping me on track, by committing on paper cyber-paper I have really felt nudged to finish what I started. It also has really helped me stay on track with reading the book I really wanted to read, instead of just starting lots of books that sound good but not finishing. So I have some work to do to finish on time, but I think I can do it!


Have you read anything lately? If not get to it people! If so, what was it? Was it good? Do share please!






1 comment:

  1. look for an update from me in the next few days : )

    i am glad you are having fun with this challenge! i am to!

    ReplyDelete