background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

30 Weeks and Counting...


  • How far along: 30 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 27 lbs (started 107, currently 134) didn't gain any this week
  • Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants and regular & maternity shirts. I really need to go get some capri's and shorts with the warmer weather. 
  • Sleep: I am getting used to it (the waking up and being on my side). So I guess its ok.    
  • Best Moment of the Week(s): Taking my sis to my Bradley class was a great bonding moment for us and working the nursery at church this morning with Mr.Pate just made me more excited to see him with his son!!! He will be such a fabulous dad! 
  • Movement: Yes! This week I felt tons of the "bulges" or random pushes, and Saturday night he completely moved to my left side for some reason. It was funny!  
  • Food Cravings: Salmon & mac n cheese.  
  • Food Aversions: Still not really digging most chicken or steak. I will eat it, but not loving it at all.  
  • Symptoms: I am always out of breath, my tailbone is sore sore sore, I can barely bend over to get things (lots of squatting), peeing all the time, and I am hungry every hour and a half or so... 
  • What I miss: Breathing! 
  • What I'm looking forward to: Baby Showers that are coming up! Starting on the nursery in May and getting this place organized! Ha! And meeting our little boy!!!!!  
  • Other news: Well we interviewed our first Pediatrician option, Dr.Fraser, and it went great! I was nervous going in, because it feels weird to interview them. But he was really laid back and answered all my questions well. We really liked him and I am realizing we may end up loving all three options (they all come highly recommended by friends). At least it is good to know we will be in good hands whichever way we go! I never made it clothes shopping last week, so maybe that will make the schedule this week. I cannot believe I am 30 weeks pregnant! Goodness it has flown by! I am still feeling really good and havent felt achy or had bad pains, so I feel blessed by that. And I feel like there is a ton to do before we welcome little Griffin into this world!!! Here is to hoping we are productive these next 10 weeks! 
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate


Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com : Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)


2 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOO!!! This is flying by! I'm so thrilled for you and Mr. Pate! We are thinking about Dr. Fraser, although there are two others we are considering as well. I can't wait to get our classes started. Hopefully we'll talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love dr. fraser!!!!!!! also, if he is ever unable to see j for some reason, there are other dr's there who can. plus, we have called the oncall dr after hours and had a great response!

    ReplyDelete