background

Sunday, April 3, 2011

27 Weeks and Counting...



  • How far along: 27 Weeks
  • Total Weight Gained: 23 lbs (started 107, currently 130)
  • Maternity Clothes: Mixture of maternity and regular. But the belly band is starting to get uncomfortable, so it may be strictly maternity pants soon. 
  • Sleep: I wake up often, not just to go to the bathroom, but I just wake up. I am not comfortable on my side really.  
  • Best Moment of the Week(s): Date night with Mr.Pate to register at Target for little Griffin! It was a sweet time preparing for our boy. 
  • Movement: Yes and others are able to feel it sometimes now too! Its super fun!   
  • Food Cravings: Nothing specific
  • Food Aversions: Nothing specific 
  • Symptoms: Shortness of Breath, Have to pee constantly, crazy dreams, cant bend over very well, really sore tailbone, leg cramps, I wear out much quicker now ...
  • What I miss: Being able to breathe when I talk and not having to eat every two hours. 
  • What I'm looking forward to: Fixing up the nursery (wont start until mid- May), baby showers, and having him here!!!!! 
  • Other news: This past week was my favorite Bradley class so far. We talked about birth plans and practiced standing labor positions. It was really informative and fun. We have begun working on our specific birth plan, and I am glad we are on the same page. This Thursday we are going to a class at the Medical Center called Ready, Set, Go where you tour labor and delivery and pre-register for the hospital. Hopefully that will be very helpful and make me even more comfortable about the big day! I am starting to feel VERY pregnant these days. I am getting bigger and bigger, and it is getting more difficult to do normal everyday things. I just have to slow down and realize I cant do everything the same, which is hard to do. I gained 4 lbs this week!! Goodness! I hope it was all baby and not my thighs haha!
  • Gender & Name: It's a Boy! Griffin Alan Pate


Milestones:
According to Babycenter.com : This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.




No comments:

Post a Comment