Back in October, I shared with you that I had begun a journey. A journey "back to a healthier, more active, more social and more balanced me." Well it's May. It's seven months later. It's time to reflect on the journey thus far. To date, I have lost around 25 lbs. I have gone from almost completely sedentary (I got out of breathe talking, seriously) to working out 4 to 5 times a week. And I have lowered my insulin levels to almost normal! It has been quite the journey thus far. Here are a few things I have learned about myself along this journey:
- I am, and will probably always be, a fat person in mind. What I mean by that is that I think about food like a fat person, no matter how much weight I lose.
- I love food and I often use it as a substitute for the comfort or control I am looking for.
- I can always stuff myself. I am not one of those people who can really stop themselves from stuffing themselves miserable. This means I must have boundaries and a plan before hand- because the fullness will not stop me.
- I can be die hard disciplined... for a season. But I do not want to live the rest of my life never eating dessert or chips etc. I have to learn how to balance my eating habits. Everything in moderation really should be my goal.
- I was alot more overweight than I realized. For me, I would look in the mirror and think I didnt look too bad. But then when I would see pictures of myself, I was stunned at how big I looked.
- Being healthy feels so much better!!
- One bad meal, day or even weekend does not have to mean the end of the journey. There is always a new day to make new choices on my food.
- Losing weight or the size of my clothes does not control if I feel skinny or fat. How I eat controls if I feel fat or skinny. When I am eating super gross or alot, I feel fat. It doesnt matter that I have lost 25 lbs, I still feel fat. When I eat healthy I feel skinny. Even when I had only lost 4 lbs, I felt skinny as I began healthier eating habits.
So here are some stats....
Starting weight: 133.4 lbs Starting BMI: 37.3%
Current weight: 108.4 lbs Mid point BMI: 29.7%
Total Weight Lost: 25 lbs Current BMI: 26.9%
Total % Lost: 18.8%
Final Goal: 105 (3.4 lbs to go)