background

Monday, May 17, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- Trying to get back on track!


It's been awhile since I posted my meal plan for the week, mainly bc I have been doing a poor job of it in general. I have not stuck to my plan in weeks. I just don't feel like cooking and would rather be outside or doing something fun! And nothing sounds good, it just all sounds same o same o. This is not a good thing for my budget.  So I am taking a different approach this week and only shooting for 3 meals. But here are the meals I plan on cooking this week at some point:



Acapulco Chicken (From ChubbieChica)
6 servings @ 6 pts each

Ingredients:
3/4 c uncooked rice
1 c sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 lb boneless/skinless chicken breasts, diced
14 oz can FF chicken broth
12 oz can FF evaporated milk
8 oz salsa
3/4 c 2% shredded cheddar cheese

Prep:
Layer rice & mushrooms in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Place chicken on top. Combine broth,
evaporated milk, and salsa and slowly pour over chicken. Bake 45 min @ 375. Sprinkle cheese
on top the last 5 min of baking.


Seriously, what do you guys eat in the summer??? I really need ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment