background

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Aim- Check in #2


Well, I completely skipped a check in on my goals last month. But I am ready to face the music and see how I am doing after 3 months, did I hit the target or forget to aim altogether?



1. Personal Goals:
  • Memorize the book of Philippians. Yep, the whole book. Still working on it! I didn't do so well in March, but got back on focus in April. So far I have 1:1-24... which isn't a ton for three months but is a good start I think! 
  • Read 2 books a month. Big Fail in March, but I have more than made up for it in April by reading 6 books! And I am 1/3 a way thru one more.  
  • Be social at least 3 times a month. A rough count for March and April would be 5 times maybe?? Not too bad. The warm weather is definitely making me more social! 
2. Marriage Goals:
  • Have a "connect" time each day- a time where we have intentional communication, a devo and prayer time. Well, we have not been very intentional the last two months. We have had some great time together, but not this consistent time like we were hoping for. But we are refocused and trying again! 
  • Be more affectionate. Doing good! :)
  • Practice the discipline of date night. Doing pretty well on this one. We are probably averaging every other week, which I think is good for us at this phase of life. 
3. Financial Goals:
  • Track our monthly spending to ensure we are actually living out our proposed budget. I have been bad at this. But we had a budget meeting a few nights ago and I feel motivated in this area again. Mr.Pate is going to help me figure out how to get a better grasp on this. So we are moving in the right direction. 
  • Give coupons another try. I am getting closer to this one, but haven't tried yet. I did read several "tutorials" on this today, and I am just trying to decide what my "plan of attack" will be. So many decisions! Binder or box, clip them all or keep the insert intake, etc etc!!
  • Cut our grocery budget by 10%. I just barely made our limit in March and went over in April. I have just not planned well, and some things have gone up. Aldi's where did the super cheap milk go?? Ugh!
  • Be more diligent about contributing to our savings & retirement. Savings- yes. Retirement- no. I have a pension, but we have got to start being more focused on Mr.Pate's. 
4. Physical Health:
  • No longer be considered insulin resistant. I know this sounds presumptuous or like I think I have control over my health, but in the case of insulin resistance you really can control having it or not by managing a healthy weight. My labs in March showed an improvement! I am almost there! I have been doing a great job of taking the medicine for this pretty consistently. I will be doing labs in the next few weeks to see how its going. In March I was at a 2 on the indicator she uses, and I need to be at a 0 to be considered no longer insulin resistant. 
  • Get to my WW goal. I am 3.2 lbs away. 
  • Do something physically active 5-6 times a week. I have probably been averaging 5 times a week for both months. Now that its warm, we have been doing lots of yard work outside too! I also have done two 5Ks since my last check in. 
5. Project Goals:
  • Begin my Holiday memories scrapbook. Nope
  • Create a family heritage cookbook for my side of the family and Justin's. Nope. 
  • Make a price book. Nope. 



How are you doing on your goals for the year???

1 comment:

  1. you're doing so well! i have been slacking on posting about mine...need to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete