background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cloth Diapering: Using Cloth Wipes

      We are using cloth wipes along with out cloth diapers, and I love them! They are soft, work great and are easy. For some reason, when I was preparing to cloth diaper I was most nervous about using the wipes. I am not really sure why, maybe because there are so many different ways to do them? So I am very glad it has worked out so well. Here is what I do for cloth wipes:

 I store my wipes in a huggies disposables container. It works great. And I have a travel wipes container for the diaper bag ( I actually have two. I can only fit 4 wipes in one, so if you need more for a day away then pack two). 
24ish baby washclothes 
2 Cups Water
2 tablespoons baby shampoo
1 & 1/4 tablespoons baby oil
** Mix ingredients in a large bowl. 
** Take a stack of baby washcloths (folded in half) and dunk in water. 
** Remove them one by one and lightly ring out excess liquid (the first time I hardcore ringed them out and they dried out pretty fast). 
** Place the wipe in the container. 
Easy Peasy! If you are going to use cloth diapers then I say you just have to do wipes too! If you dont, then every diaper change you have to make sure you have a trash can near you to throw the disposable away. Or you have to put the disposable in the diaper and then it gets all weird in the wash. Because you see, with a disposable you put the wipe in the diaper, ball the whole thing up then take it to the trash. But with a cloth diaper, you ball the whole thing up and put it in a diaper pail or wet bag.

And thats how I use cloth wipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment