background

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A little dust on the bottle

Well I guess there actually may be some dust on our bottles bc my house is a wreck these days! Ha! Anyhow, now that I am back at work full time, Griffin has 3 feedings from a bottle each weekday. We thought this would be no problem. Everyone says if they take a bottle once they will always take a bottle. So Griffin started with bottles and did great with them. Then at three weeks old we stopped giving him a bottle and he didn't have one again until I went back to work at six weeks.

The first week I did part time he took the bottle great. He ate 3 & 1/2 oz and gobbled it down. Then week two he suddenly started fighting the bottle and crying during his feedings. She could barely get him to take an ounce or two. This has continued into this week. We have tried a different bottle to see if that was the issue, and we have done both fresh and frozen breastmilk. He has nursed great, just won't take the bottle well. He will occasionally not cry and just take 3 oz, but usually he fights her and barely gets 2 oz.

It's bizarre and frustrating. I want him to get enough food and I am sad that he is so distraught.

Anyone got any ideas??


- Mrs.Pate via my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I would say a different bottle/nipple but you have tried that...Could it be the way he's held? Maybe if she held him more like you do when you're nursing. Not sure if that would help at all but just a thought.

    ReplyDelete