Griffin is 2 Months Old!
Wow this is going sooo fast! I cannot believe our little guy is a 2 month old!
Here he is at 2 weeks old:
And at 1 Month Old:
And at 2 Months Old:
Two Month Stats:
- Griffin weighed in at 11 lbs 11 oz at his checkup. He is 24" long now! He has grown 3" since birth, and he was long at birth! I think its funny that my son is long... ha! This puts him in the 38th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for length! Ha!
- Clothing: He is wearing 0-3 month clothing and some 3-6 month clothing. He is too long for all of his newborn clothes now. Most of the 0-3 and all of the 3-6 are still big width wise, so I guess he is kinda skinny. But I dont think he looks super long and skinny? Who knows.
- Nursing: We are still going strong with the nursing. He is getting better at it and rarely fusses now. A typical nursing session only takes about 15 minutes now (instead of 45 like it used to!).
- He is still spitting up a lot.
- Schedule: Still on a 3 hr schedule usually, where we eats, has playtime and then naps. Every since I came back to work naps have been interesting. He will usually sleep about an hour during naps on weekends, but during the week he is waking up on and off during them. And fyi- he is not a happy camper when he wakes from a nap early. And usually one nap a day is 1 & 1/2 hr long. We start our day at 6:30am. Here is what the typical day looks like for him right now:
- 6:30am wake and eat
- 7:30-7:45am I leave and he goes down for nap
- 9:30am eat
- 11:00am nap
- 12:30pm eat
- 2pm nap
- 3:30pm eat
- 4:45pm I get home! catnap somewhere in this time frame
- 6:00 or 6:30pm eat
- 7:30pm or 8pm down for the night
- 9:30 dreamfeed (I get him up to eat then he goes right back to bed)
- Nightime Sleep: As soon as I went back to work, Griffin started sleeping long stretches at night! Woo Hoo! It was the Lord's grace I do believe. Currently he will usually sleep from 7:30ish until the dreamfeed, and then I put him back down at 10ish. He will sleep from 10pm-6:30am!!! Not every single night, but most nights now! Yay! Isnt that incredible? On the nights that he doesnt do that, he usually wakes up around 3am for some reason.
- Griffin loves to smile now and has the cutest smile ever!
- He is loving to make spit bubbles these days and slobbers a ton.
- He is making all kinds of noises, which we call "talking" to us. It is so fun!
- He loves his playmat! He is just starting to bat at the hanging things.
- I saw him reach out and grab a toy for the first time last week! Yay!
- He is obssessed with eating his hand.
- He sits in his highchair at the table with us and loves it. He is also just starting to sit in the bumbo and seems to like it too.
- Still hates tummy time. A lot.
- He has lost a strip of hair around his head, where he lays on it. But he has a thick strip of hair at the bottom and top, so it looks super funny. I have to take a picture soon.
- Still not a fan of the swing. He likes his bouncer, but I just dont put him in it often.
- He still falls asleep in the car everytime, and on walks.
- We now wear him in the flip carrier and the moby. Love wearing him around!
- He got Joey kisses for the first time this month! And he loves it! Haha!
Happy Two Months Griffin! (Or as I often call you- Cutie Potootie)