background

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Suits and Sun 2013

In July, my girlfriends and I met up at Elizabeth's grandparents' lake house for the first annual "Suits and Sun"! Ha! To start things off, Duke, Mel and I totally walked down to the wrong dock. There happened to be a fisherman there staring at us like we were crazy. ha! Once we got to the right dock where Elizabeth and Heather were waiting, we went on the lake Friday afternoon for a bit and chatted. Then Rebecca realized she was gonna be really late, so we went into town to get some dinner. Poor Rebecca ended up getting there super late in the pitch dark! We had terrible phone service, so poor thing was sitting at the gate to the neighborhood trying to figure out the code for several minutes before we found her! Creepy. I would have had a heart attack for sure. Lol! We watched a movie and chatted the night away.

Saturday we sleep in (for me at least!). I got to have my quiet time and some coffee on the deck and was in heaven! It was so beautiful and peaceful out there. We ate a wonderful gluten free breakfast casserole and then packed up to head to the boat!

We spent the rest of the morning/afternoon on the water floating and talking. It was so lovely. We decided it was about to head back, and that it looked like it might rain. So we got to the dock and Mel, Duke, Rebecca and I went on to the house. Elizabeth and Heather went to put the boat back at the marina. Shortly after we got in the car, the skies opened up and POARED! Poor girls got soaked taking the boat back!!! Me and Mel went to pick them up and they look like little wet rats.

We all pretty much headed out after that. It was a great mini getaway and was so refreshing.















- Mrs.Pate via my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment