background

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Takes me back…




  • Today I had to participate in a group fitness instructor audition class (which means, yes I got paid to work out for 20 minutes). It was a "step" class (step aerobics, not the cool stomping and clapping style of dance) and as I stepped up and down on that riser my mind drifted back. Back to my middle school life to be specific. When I was in middle school, my sister got into going to a step aerobics class. So naturally, like everything else in my life, I went with her! We took them at our local civic center several days a week, and we were all about it. Random memory, but there you have it.
  • As I folded massage sheets today, "Summer girls" by LFO came up on my playlist. The year was 2000 (my Junior year of High School), and I remember riding around in Cort's altima during the sunny days listening to this song. "New Kids On The block,had a bunch of hits Chinese food makes me sick. And I think it's fly when girls stop by for the summer,for the summer. I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch, I'd take her if I had one wish, But she's been gone since that summer... Since that summer." We had just recently decided to paint her room, so we sponge painted butterflies EVERYWHERE. Yeah, I am surprised HGTV didnt call us about that great design. Ha! 
  • You know it's hot when you let your dog in and he goes straight to the air vent and collapses on the floor under it. 

2 comments:

  1. Terry's dog Squirt does that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. butch is in love with the air vents! and that song takes me back too :)

    ReplyDelete