background

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

what's in a title?

well a few moments ago i realized i had still not changed my email signatures from when my job ended. you see my email signature has read: 

Sabrina Pate
WKU Baptist Campus Ministry
Assistant Campus Minister
(270)781-3185

for the last two years. and for the two years before that it was very similar (Campus Minister Intern). but for the last 2 1/2 months this has not been my title. 2 1/2 months already? wow!! so as i sent an email about leading a bcm dgroup today, i realized the time had come... and I am now title-less. my signature is now: Sabrina Pate. thats it. 

am i upset? sad a little... but I a more upset or surprised by the fact that it is almost the end of August and I do not have a job. I think when this whole journey started I just was super naive about how long it would take to get a job... at least at WKU. (seriously, why didnt someone tell me? i would have started looking in January/February instead of waiting till april!) but alas this is where we are... August and jobless. 

And though on a moment by moment basis I do have doubts or fears, in my heart I know the Lord has and will provide. I ran across this sentence in my bible study yesterday... 

"I found Him faithful yesterday, He will not be unfaithful today." (Beth, Living Free)

And it is true... "if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself!" 2 Tim 2:13

1 comment:

  1. great reminder! are you trying to get a job @ wku? i've heard of some openings in health services...

    praying for His provision in your life!

    ReplyDelete